Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The BAS/Assay Development and Technology (ADT) department is seeking a highly motivated Scientific Researcher (SR) / Senior Scientific Researcher (SSR) contractor to support antibody and antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) projects in research and development.
- Responsibilities of this laboratory-based position will include quantification of recombinant therapeutic proteins, unconjugated drug and conjugated drug levels for ADCs and characterization of structural changes in these biotherapeutics, in biological matrices using LC-MS, and other analytical techniques.
- This individual will explore immuno-capture and mass spectrometry-based methods to support assessment of pharmacokinetics, and biotransformations of therapeutic antibodies and ADCs in preclinical and clinical studies.
- This individual may also be involved in non-GLP sample analysis and data reporting.
- The individual will work independently and in collaboration with colleagues within BAS/ADT and across various functional areas.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A BS or MS degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline with specialization in mass spectrometry required.
- Industry experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology drug development for 2-5 years preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in HPLC and mass spectrometry with a proven track record of solving bioanalytical problems.
- Experience in quantitative LC-MS/MS method development is required.
- Expertise in bioanalysis of therapeutic proteins or proteomics is highly desirable.
- Specific hands-on experience with QTRAP 5500/6500, TripleTOF 5600/6600, and/or Orbitrap mass spectrometer technologies is a plus.
- The individual should be a motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.