Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will play a key role in our endeavors in designing and implementing biomarker strategies and assays to help in our pursuit of innovative treatments for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Will join our dynamic team and work to identify and profile biomarkers in pre-clinical and clinical samples and to implement biomarker assays in early stage clinical trials of novel therapeutics.
- He/she will be expected to design, execute and analyze experiments, as well as frequently interact and communicate with other groups as part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
- This is a hands-on laboratory position with abundant opportunity for collaboration with other researchers in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- BS / MS in neuroscience, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or related fields.
- Qualified candidates will have expertise in a wide range of molecular, cellular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (Excel, Graphpad, Spotfire, etc) and immunoassays are desired.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, immunoassays and qPCRs are a plus.
- Critical thinking, internal scientific drive, organization skills and a passion to develop new therapeutics for unmet medical needs are required.