Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design and implement biomarker strategies and assays for programs in Ophthalmology, Metabolism, Neuroscience, Immunology, and Infectious Disease.
- Identify and profile biomarkers in pre-clinical and clinical samples and to implement biomarker assays in early stage clinical trials of novel therapeutics.
- BS / MS in immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields.
- 2-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or academic setting.
- Extensive laboratory experience in immunoassay/ELISA, microbiology, RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, western blot, flow cytometry, and cell biology techniques.
- Experience developing assays for various biological matrices (e.g. whole blood, serum/plasma, urine).
- Able to independently design, conduct, and troubleshoot experiments in laboratory studies.
- Highly motivated to learn new skills and methodologies and to adapt to changing priorities and working in different disease areas.
- Able to analyze data and interpret and communicate results.
- Experience with data and statistical analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Spotfire, JMP, GraphPad).
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.