Research Associate II
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform translational research to develop and profile diagnostic biomarkers in both preclinical and clinical samples.
- Develop diagnostic assays potentially important for use in therapeutic clinical trials.
Summary of Qualifications:
- M.S. degree, with a minimum of 6 years hands-on laboratory research experience, or Ph.D. degree, with hands-on laboratory research experience (or equivalent) in either an academic or corporate environment is requested.
- General knowledge of basic oncology principles and experimental techniques, as well as proven, hands-on experience with molecular biology (i.e. Western blotting, PCR, DNA manipulation) and cellular biology (i.e. primary cell culture, transfection, tumorgenicity assays) techniques is required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to independently design, perform and analyze experiments.
- Prior experience in the area of cancer cell transduction pathways, breast cancer biology, genomics, bioinformatics, and/or biostatistics is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience developing biomarker assays would be a plus.
- Experience or a keen interest in biomarkers and drug development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills, and an ability to succeed in a teamwork-oriented environment are a must.