Research Associate II
260 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our Client’ s team in the South San Francisco area. This is an opportunity to work with a company focused in drug discovery with a unique, broadly applicable, predictive discovery infrastructure, which is advancing a therapeutic pipeline consisting mainly of early-stage immuno-oncology programs, aimed at harnessing the immune system to eradicate cancer.
In this position you will be working as part of a team to discover novel therapeutic antibodies for cancer treatment. Responsibilities include preparing antibody samples and supporting the antibody purification and screening process. This position will contribute to multiple antibody discovery programs. Other responsibilities include support of general molecular biology and protein chemistry needs in the organization, maintenance and transfection of mammalian cells for protein expression, and tracking stocks of antibodies and other proteins. The ideal candidate will have highly developed skills in molecular biology and mammalian cell protein expression and be highly organized.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for protein expression activities involved in antibody and other protein production. Conducts tasks including: culture of mammalian cell stocks, lipid and electroporation-based transfections, titer determination and harvesting conditioned medium.
- Conducts antibody quality control analyses where necessary (e.g. SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, endotoxin detection).
- Supports molecular biology activities for cell line generation and antibody re-formatting, including: PCR, molecular cloning using DNA ligation and ligation-independent methods, DNA production, and DNA sequence analysis.
- Represents Protein Sciences in project team meetings. Collates and presents antibody characterization data; this includes maintenance of an up-to-date antibody inventory and sequence database.
- Assists in other molecular biology and protein production activities where required; provides technical expertise to the larger R&D groups.
- MS in Biology with 5+ years of industrial experience or Bachelors in Biology with 7 years of industrial experience.
- Expertise in molecular biology and protein expression (essential).
- Experience with culture and transfection of mammalian cell lines for protein production (essential).
- Understanding of assays for antibody quality control analysis, including ELISA, quantification methods, protein electrophoresis and endotoxin testing (preferred).
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.