Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design and implement in-vitro and in-vivo studies to address ADME questions of protein therapeutic and ADC. Writing and submitting protocol to cross functional team for review.
- Carry out sample analysis (including tissue processing) by using different analytical methods.
- Characterize and identify possible biotransformation products from protein therapeutic and ADC in different biological matrices.
- Interpret data and communicate results in department meeting and project team meeting.
- Prepare presentation and report for conferences, manuscripts and regulatory documents
Summary of Qualifications:
- A Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Metabolism, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related discipline. 0-2 year of industry and/or post-doctoral experience is preferred. Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in Biology or Biochemistry with 5-10 years in the Research and Development experience may also qualified.
- Must have demonstrated a general working knowledge of cell based assay, analytical techniques (HPLC, LSC, mass spectrometry and etc.), and laboratory skills. Ability to identify metabolite/catabolite and to elucidate metabolism pathway is preferred
- Previous experience in chemistry, especially with working with radio-isotope, is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills are important as well as demonstrated effectiveness in working independently and in a team setting.