Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will be helping us implement and develop a brand new technology focused on discovering peptide-based macrocyle tool molecules and therapeutics for targets of interest across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- This work will include protein purification, performing peptide display experiments, analyzing next generation sequencing data, designing/implementing/analyzing in vitro biochemical and biophysical protein/peptide assays, and potentially helping to develop robotic automation of various protocols related to this technology.
- A B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or related discipline with three or more years of technical experience in protein biochemistry, purification, and molecular biology is required.
- Expertise or experience in display technologies (phage, yeast, mRNA, ribosome) and binding assays (ELISA, SPR, ITC or BLI) is a plus.
- The selected candidate must be motivated, thoughtful and capable of working both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills are also required.