Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Research Associate
We have an opening for a talented Scientific Researcher (temporary position) to join the Translational Oncology Department in our In Vivo Pharmacology Division.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for providing tissue processing and flow cytometry support for characterization of murine tumors.
- Significant experience with tumor processing, cell counting, staining, and running large flow cytometry studies (minimum of ten color assays) is required.
- Experience with restimulation/activation of cells followed by intracellular staining is preferred.
- Will provide flow cytometry support for a variety of oncology programs.
- Close collaboration with multiple teams is required and the ideal candidate will enjoy working with others.
- A B.S. or M.S. in Cell Biology or Immunology is required.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in single cell quantification and characterization of ex-vivo tissues by flow cytometry.
- Required to have experience in acquisition of data using DIVA software on BD cytometers and analysis using FlowJo.
- Strong teamwork, organizational skills, and oral communication skills are essential.