Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Catalog and store specimens under appropriate archival conditions.
- Label formalin fixed paraffin embedded specimens.
- Label stained and unstained slides.
- File H&E slides.
- Help with labeling/assigning specimens in a portion of the collection to new database system.
- Return/ship specimens to clinical or research sites as appropriate.
- Assist other lab members with tasks to maintain lab schedule, lab equipment and specimen inventory.
- Accessioning of human tissue research specimens (FFPE blocks, flash frozen tissues, and histologic slides) into the laboratory information management system (LIMs), following established laboratory processes and data entry guidelines.
- Sub-cutting frozen human tissue to facilitate processing, adhering to established processes and safety practices.
- B.A./B.S. in biological sciences, 1+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or histology lab setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior database and/or histology experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Word and MS Excel skills)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and detail.
- Strong internal customer focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.