Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will assist in solid oral dose formulation development and small-scale manufacturing, and will have expertise with standard unit operations such as blending, milling, drying, roller compaction, wet granulation, tablet compression and tablet film coating.
- Will be required to assist scientists in the laboratory with setting up small-scale equipment for manufacturing solid dose formulations and also for cleaning-up the equipment post processing.
- Will regularly utilize isolator technology to handle potent compounds and must adhere strictly to existing procedures and safety guidelines.
- Will also perform routine testing on solid dosage forms such as tablet hardness, friability, particle size analysis, flow and density, as well as novel testing methods as necessary.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Physics or Biology with 0-1 years of hands-on industry experience, or High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or nutraceutical solid oral product manufacturing.
- Experience working with isolator technology or high-potency compounds preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess computer skills sufficient to write operating procedures, maintain laboratory supplies, and review/print batch records and labels.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets) is a required competency. Experience with other data analysis software (e.g., JMP, Minitab, etc) is preferred.
- Candidate must have excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Must be capable of standing, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time, must be able to lift and carry up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge (post-training) of GMP requirements and adhere to existing procedures.