Research Associate I
5200 Illumina Way San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the Greater San Diego area. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols including:
- Sound lab skills, DNA and/or RNA extraction, Nucleic acid sample quantitation including UV or fluorescence methods such as spectrophotometer, bioanalyzer, etc.
- Solid understanding of scientific principles
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook
- Excellent communicator who can work as part of a team and work in a fast-paced work environment.
- B.S in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics or related scientific areas.
- General lab knowledge, including pipetting, sample handling and aseptic techniques required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- DNA or RNA handling and extraction are required.
- Biohazard handling, plate-based assays and spectrophotometry are preferred.