Research Associate I
Dixon, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in Dixon. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Process samples in the laboratory (both manually and via laboratory robotics)
- Analyze and perform quality control of genetic data,
- Helping to evaluate and implement new technologies
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS (or higher) with two or more years’ job experience in an academic or industrial research laboratory
- Basic understanding of PCR, quantitative/real-time PCR (TaqMan; 5’ nuclease assay), and other nucleic acid amplification and detection techniques.
- Strong comprehension of next-generation sequencing (NGS) methodologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to create basic PCR and qPCR assays.
- Functional knowledge regarding routine mammalian genetic constructs used in genome engineering, such as conditional knock-out models employing the Cre-Lox system. Additionally, candidates with experience in the Python programming language are preferred
- Requires working one weekend day every other week or each week, depending on production needs.