Research Associate I/II
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I/II to be part of our Client’ s team in Redwood City. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the discovery, development, and commercialization of new therapies to treat the pathologic process of fibrotic disorders.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I/II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision or independently
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data
- Evaluate and report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with attention to data quality and reproducibility
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a laboratory research environment in either industry or academia
- Broad experience and knowledge in common cell biology laboratory procedures (cell culture, ELISA, SDS/PAGE, Western blot, cell transfection, qPCR, immunoprecipitation, fluorescent microscopy, etc.)
- Experience working with in vivo studies, collection/analysis of tissues, tissue culture is an advantage
- Experience with use of biological assays to characterize and optimize small molecules and data graphing analysis is an advantage
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results