Research Associate 1
5200 Illumina Way San Diego, CA 92122 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
As a research associate in the Research and Technology Development Unit, you will play an integral role in expanding applications of the company' s technology. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on the development of new assays for sample-to-report products.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Conducts experiments under direction of supervisor.
- Design and execution of experiments including DNA extraction from raw samples, library preparation and sequencing, as well as run quantitation methods along the steps.
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays.
- Help plan, conduct, analyze, help interpret, and report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance. Analyze large complex data sets.
- Teach methods developed to other scientists, engineers, research associates, of a range of experience and education levels.
- Work collaboratively with chemists, biochemists and engineers, developing new components for DNA analysis platforms.
- Keep a laboratory notebook, write reports, and prepare presentations.
- BS or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics or related field. 2-4 year’ s experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong laboratory and instrumentation skills.
- Experienced in quantitative methods such as qPCR and sample quantitation.
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols, including DNA amplification, labeling, purification, quantification, PCR, RT-PCR, hybridization, etc.
- Experience in a BSL-2 lab is highly desired.