Redwood City, CA | Contract-to-Hire
The Receptionist will be responsible for attending to visitors, dealing with inquiries on the phone and face to face, providing general office support, and ensuring that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Welcome and greet visitors, vendors, and employees in person & over the phone; answer questions and direct them to waiting area and/or conference rooms.
- Answering telephone inquiries, taking messages, and transferring calls accordingly
- Scheduling meetings and updating event calendars
- Assist with file management, ordering, and shipping
- Assist Director of Human Resources and Administration along with the senior management team in areas of general administrative duties
- Coordinate both domestic and international travel arrangements and assist with the logistics for conferences/meetings, including communication with consulates and obtaining required documents for international travels. (Anna)
- Assist in overseeing the office supplies and materials for copier and break room; order office supplies as needed and restock.
- Assist with general office projects
- Supports several senior staff members; administrative and clerical support for day-to-day operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Associate’ s Degree; Bachelor' s Degree, preferred
- 1 year of receptionist or administrative experience in a professional office setting, preferred
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a small, fast paced company
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Welcoming personality
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism and sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Must be flexible and able to quickly react to last minute changes
- Be self-directed, take initiative, adaptable, able to execute tasks quickly, and follow through with assignments.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel in the organization
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent phone and email etiquette), follow-up and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are important.