Quality Control Analyst I
Novato, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Analyst I to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
Quality Control Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Organize, maintain, track and archive department documents and records while adhering to the company’ s document lifecycle procedures and in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Develop new processes and improve upon the current system to allow retrieval of data records more effectively.
- Training employees on records management procedures and policies, which include documentation, retention, retrieval, destruction and disaster recovery.
- Assist with audits of data record systems and perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Sample receipt and accessioning, laboratory housekeeping and infrastructure maintenance responsibilities, reagent preparation and lab supply management.
- General support of routine testing analytical method or equipment validation, assay method/procedure development, and/or conducting investigations.
- Perform select microbiological, biochemical and chemical tests of in-process product, equipment, and manufacturing facilities.
- All microbiological and analytical tests are performed under cGMP guidelines.
- Work assignments will vary by degree of complexity.
- Follow SOPs, make appropriate decisions in daily activities with minimal needs for intervention, and be able to recognize deviations from routine practices.
- Accurately complete tasks on time to achieve lab goals, meanwhile limiting GMP / procedural errors.
- Bachelor of Science in a Biological or Biochemical discipline, or equivalent, with 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated, and has the ability to work either independently or collaboratively.
- Frequently work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, so it is important to possess a consistent ability to maintain focus and carry out tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Should be detail-oriented, dependable, and trustworthy because they come in contact with complex and sensitive documents.
- Should have the ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask, and troubleshoot.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are also essential because his/her role will regularly initiate and field communication with internal and external business partners.
- Must have excellent record keeping, written, and verbal skills.
- Ability to perform most tasks without supervision.
- Experience in quality control practices, current Good Manufacturing Practices or Good Laboratory Practices is a plus.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Computer literacy is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Must have excellent record keeping, written and verbal skills.
- Must have a quality service attitude and focus, exhibit flexibility and willingness to work additional hours to meet production or laboratory process requirements.