QC Microbiology Analyst
Novato, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Microbiology Analyst to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Microbiology Analyst
The QC Microbiology Analyst is responsible for performing environmental monitoring (EM) and microbiological/analytical test methods on critical utilities, raw materials, in-process intermediates and varying stages of drug products under minimal supervision and within cGMP guidelines, to support further manufacturing of commercial and clinical therapeutics.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Functional activities may include, but is not limited to: Protein determination by BCA, Bradford, and UV Absorbance, Enzyme activity, Endotoxin detection, Bioburden quantification, HPLC, Total Organic Carbon, microbial identification and challenge studies, aseptic techniques, and method validation., performing environmental monitoring sampling and testing of facilities, equipment, and utilities, maintaining test sample throughput, monitoring lab supplies, preparing reagents, contributing to process and method validation studies, supporting investigations and equipment validation, and brainstorm further development or improvement ideas for procedures.
- Work assignments will vary by degree of complexity.
- Employee is expected to follow SOPs, make appropriate decisions in daily assigned activities and be able to recognize deviations from routine practices.
- Must accurately complete tasks on time to achieve lab goals, meanwhile limiting GMP / procedural errors, and be capable of accepting and incorporating feedback.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to both manage time and prioritize routine work effectively.
- Employee must be able to interpret results against defined criteria, begin to apply critical thinking to routine work.
- He/she should demonstrate an ability to evaluate results against trend reports, serve some degree of troubleshooting and capacity as trainer, and embrace an active role in following up on atypical results or issues.
- Communication of relevant information must be made to appropriate audiences, and attendance of necessary team meetings with some participation in discussions is essential.
- Should also be actively engaged in his/her role, exhibit frequent volunteerism as the work schedule flow permits, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Timely facilitation of incoming sample receipt and accessioning flow, decipher batch assignments across all assay types in accordance with agreed upon best practices.
- Execute microbiological and/or analytical methods to facilitate in-process testing under applicable cGMP guidelines, as well as contribute to the prompt reporting of results to meet the required timetables of internal customers.
- Perform environmental monitoring sampling and testing of facilities, equipment, and critical utilities.
- Evaluate completed assay validity, calculate and summarize results, analyze data per expected or specification ranges. Assist with the compilation and verification of trend analysis reports.
- Perform and collaborate with co-workers to appropriately share general housekeeping activity assignments, and ensure systems for laboratory maintenance are adequate for creating a consistent state of inspection readiness.
- Assist with monitoring and the control of laboratory supply and critical reagent inventories.
- Perform growth promotion of media and microbial identification testing.
- Qualify as trainer for specified methods, provide training to less experienced staff.
- Provide on call coverage to support oversight of QC laboratory equipment functionality.
- Exhibit proactive communication upon occurrence of compliance risks and deviations from laboratory procedures, perform initiation of investigation records within required timeframes.
- Provide input or assay support to the progression of test method validation, investigations, technical studies, and method transfer protocols.
- Attend team huddles and department meetings, generate ideas for laboratory infrastructure improvements and method optimization.
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary