QC Associate I- Raw Materials
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Associate I-Raw Materials to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Associate I- Raw Materials
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordination of Quality Control data and handling of Raw Material samples.
- Ensures that all data is organized and archived per appropriate workflows and SOPs.
- Works with GMP and non-GMP databases to ensure all samples are received, logged, stored, distributed and tracked within defined timelines.
- Interacts with Sample Management, QC laboratories and Raw Materials groups to prioritize samples, cross checks SOPs and protocols to ensure all samples have been received and distributed, troubleshoots discrepancies, and relays information back to line management to ensure all raw material samples are tested per appropriate testing schedule.
- Coordinates shipment of samples to contract labs and other testing site.
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting, sampling and labeling raw materials in accordance with standard operating procedures and material specifications.
- Maintain sampling and inspection records, equipment logs and other controlled documentation.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of sampling and inspection records.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the inspection and sampling rooms.
- Perform QC-related data entry.
- Responsible for submitting samples for shipment and testing.
- Responsible for retains storage and disposal.
- Provides assistance to other group members as needed.
- Responsible for transferring materials containers from the warehouse to sampling room.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a Scientific Discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with cGMP is required.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), a strong customer focus, and an ability to interact with various departments and levels.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as part of a team, to meet departmental/facility goals; is also able to work across functions to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, and an ability to focus on details of execution. Demonstrates good facilitation, organizational and problem solving skills, as well as demonstrated technical expertise.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25-50 pounds occasionally. Frequent periods of sitting, walking and standing. Occasionally must climb stairs or ladders, balance, bend or stoop, crouch or squat. Occasional low level work, fine finger dexterity/including grasping or pinching required. Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently. Occasional use of personal protective equipment. Color vision and depth perception required.
- May require extended hours at a computer screen. Must be able to read electronic documents of all types. Hearing acuity required.