QC Analyst I
South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Analyst I to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnology company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The PAC Logistics and Support group is responsible for: Supporting activities for GMP testing laboratories including reagent preparation, equipment maintenance and verification (balance weight checks, spectrophotometer checks, pH electrode maintenance, temperature monitoring, pipet maintenance...etc).
- Routine housekeeping of laboratories to ensure adherence to cGMP and safety regulations, and to maintain an efficient work environment.
- Coordinating the receipt and transport of clinical samples for method validation activities across the network.
- Provide support for cGMP and GLP release and stability testing of preclinical and clinical therapeutic protein samples.
- Primary functions of a QC Analyst I include daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance of PAC-V/T GMP Equipment, supporting both lot release, stability, and validation groups.
- The Lab Support responsibilities associated with these functions include equipment maintenance and monitoring, reagent preparation and review, and method validation sample management.
- Expected to precisely follow written procedures, demonstrate accurate documentation skills, and report deviations in a timely manner through the QC discrepancy process.
- Other expectations include participating in staff meetings and assigned projects to meet department goals.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Possess keen organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for numerous concurrent projects, delivering quality results within specified timelines.
- Experience with pH, spectrophotometry, and other wet chemistry assays is preferred.
- Experience in a cGMP environment is highly desirable.