QC Analyst I
350 DNA Way, SSF35 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Analyst I to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnology company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility of this position will be to report to an operations Sr. Supervisor in charge of a laboratory that executes testing (cell based and PCR based platforms) for adventitious agents, i.e., virus, mycoplasma in CHO-derived products following established procedures and in compliance with cGMP’ s.
- The position will require work in the laboratory executing the test methods for both routine lot release and validation of the methods on a product specific bases.
- The analyst in this position will be expected to execute other QC laboratory related activities with other team members like sampling handling, equipment maintenance and review of QC batch test records and certificates of analysis.
- The position will also be expected to author study reports and draft protocols for approval on validation and/or investigational studies, review and/or author discrepancy protocols and assessments.
- Opportunities for participation as a trainer on various topics related the detection methods utilized in the lab, regulations that govern the use of those methods and topics about Quality and compliance will also be available.
- B.S./B.A./M.S./M.A. degree (preferably in Life Science)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- The candidate will be working with cell lines and on a daily basis applying aseptic technique when working in the facility, therefore, knowledge and/or direct experience of cell culture and the principles of working in a Biosafety level II environment is suggested.
- A background in PCR based on knowledge and/or experience with the actual execution of such methods is also suggested.
- Computer skills related to Quality laboratory systems and cGMP working knowledge are required.
- Accurately record keeping and versatile computer skills are required, and cGMP knowledge is preferred.