QA Automation Engineer
San Francisco, CA | Direct Hire
QA Automation Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Industry: Internet Services
Duration: Direct Hire | Full time
This opportunity is with a company that released game-changing technology and has been successful for the last 20 years in the Internet Services industry. This company is rated one of the best places to work by their employees.
We are currently seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer that will work in the Mobile Apps team to test the client iOS App. We are looking for candidates with strong automation testing experience. The candidate must be able to work independently, possess effective time management skills, and can thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Help build/modify and maintain test automation Frameworks for UI, API, and Mobile functional automation.
- Work with product owners and tech leads to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for automation.
- Interact with development teams to help implement optimized and re-usable functional test automation.
- Provide test automation to development teams on certain projects.
- Maintain the functional test portion of the Continuous Integration pipeline.
- Define onboarding requirements for tests entering the Continuous Integration pipeline.
- Review automated test code to assure adherence to standards and to advise on optimization.
- Research, identify and implement new test automation technologies.
- Define document and conduct training on test automation practices, tools, and coding standards.
- Develop UI Automation test suites for iOS.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience programming in an object oriented programming language.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with UI, Mobile UI or API test automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience writing test code in one or more languages.
- Experience working in or a solid understanding of test driven development.
- Experience with a continuous integration tool such as Jenkins.
- Solid Understanding of Agile development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of software testing practices.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience automating mobile application testing across multiple devices and platforms.
Desired Education / Skills:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with GitHub is a plus.
- A passion for mobile technology and curiosity to learn new things.
- Experience in Mobile Apps Automation.
- Passionate about shipping a quality product.
- Experience in full-stack end to end testing (Rest API, Database). Performance testing is a plus!
- Test planning, bug detection, and regression skills.