Emeryville, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Engineer to be part of our Client’ s team in Emeryville. This is an opportunity to work with a Global healthcare company focusing on improving the health and well-being of people around the world.
Our client is a Global sponsor company that develops innovative diagnostic therapies designed for hospitals, laboratory professionals and healthcare providers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Key team member executing projects in clean utilities, equipment, automation, process improvements, as well as design, installation, start-up, commissioning, and qualification of new investments
- Executes project tasks on schedule
- Maintains project budgets while negotiating services and equipment proposals with vendors.
- Understands end user requirements and converts requirements into functional and efficient designs.
- Performs basic engineering calculations.
- Coordinates installation and construction contractors on day-to-day progress activities.
- Communicates and collaborates with other team members and departments
- Provides qualification and validation assistance when necessary.
- Delivers on costs and schedules for project management
- Benchmarks with other sites to establish best-practices
- Provides project management leadership to ensure key initiatives are well understood and effectively deployed
- 25% travel domestic travel.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years industry experience, 1+ year experience in pharmaceutical/biotech/vaccine operations with thorough working knowledge of production unit operations and validation principles.
- Experience with project design, construction, start-up, commissioning and validation as well as leading and supporting factory acceptance tests and site acceptance.
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, WHO, etc.) required.
- Strong technical expertise in biotech unit operations and equipment, especially microbial fermentation and purification.
- Experience in managing contractors in a construction and commissioning environment.
- Design and Installation experience in process and industrial utility systems including HVAC, Plant Steam, purified water, compressed air and waste treatment.
- Strong spoken and written English
- Some knowledge of Spanish is a plus