Project Coordinator I
South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Coordinator I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Coordinator I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- May act as a project manager for smaller-scale, less complex projects.
- Supports team in developing detailed project plans, including objectives, deliverables, scope, timing, milestones, roles and responsibilities as well as, where applicable, project budgets.
- Helps obtain the required project resources, including scheduling key meetings and reviews, preparing analyses and presentations, etc.
- Works with team to ensure an effective and efficient implementation, maintenance and system feedback loop.
- Business Process Operations/Administration Supports design, implementation, and improvement of business processes across designated areas of responsibility and critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
- Supports development of relevant guiding principles, maintain the current-state business process documentation and develop target future-state process models.
- Supports the development and management of tools, templates, style guides and procedural documents, including process maps, and working documents to support the tactical application of business processes as required, includes writing, copy editing and proofreading these documents.
- Must be able to take content from multiple authors and consolidate into one consistent voice. Supports the assessment that appropriate documentation and controlled document requirements are identified and integrated in process maps (business requirements).
- Supports continuous process improvement through ongoing observation, monitoring and evaluation, includes generating, tracking, and compiling KPI reports for analysis by BPMs.
- Supports Business Process Manager (BPM) work, including QC and sanity-checking of business process maps and business process documentation created by BPMs.
- As needed, develops and distributes project presentations and other materials/information.
- Completes other routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Responsible to keep all internal customers, partners and stakeholders abreast of progress and interim updates.
- Participates in routine and ad hoc departmental and or vendor meetings and other business reviews or meetings to remain, at all times, fully abreast and apprised of evolving business needs and requirements.
- Consistently complies with all governing laws, regulations, SOPs and other guidelines.
- BS/BA preferred.
- Project management and/or oversight of small project experience and applying project management principles is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work with large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated skills with Visio/OmniGraffle, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to facilitate small group feedback sessions.
- Understanding of document management/change control lifecycle.
- Detail-oriented, including demonstrated ability to copy edit /proofread.
- Plus: Having an understanding of graphic design/layout and the visualization of data.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of, and/or training in, regulatory and system compliance is preferred.
- Understanding of, or aptitude to learn, international regulations, processes and issues in drug development.
- Includes understanding of, or aptitude to learn, GxP (Good Practices for quality guidelines and practices in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry), GCP (Good Clinical Practice), ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use), and related systems that support clinical trials and clinical operations processes.
- Knowledge of clinical, non-clinical and/or benchmarking information systems is strongly preferred.
- Project management and process improvement aptitude.
- Some knowledge of best practice project management and operational excellence methodologies and tools, such as value stream mapping, business process redesign, Six Sigma, LEAN, modeling and simulation, cycle time reduction, is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) Fluent English and other language skills as needed.