Mountain View, CA, CA | Contract
Location: Silicon Valley
Industry: Security Software
Summary: Enterprise Security Software Company in Silicon Valley is seeking a Program/Project Manager for their Data Center Cloud move project
This position requires an individual to perform project and program management function in the organization where execution of the deliverables are performed by multiple scrum teams and scrum masters using agile delivery methodology. In addition, many projects delivered involves multiple Norton organizations with multiple delivery methodologies that constantly require alignments. The Program or Project Manager must be capable of driving programs/projects in the multiple dependent organization’ s structure environment and in an environment with multiple delivery methodologies and stakeholders.
Here is why you are a fit
- You have solid Program Management and Project Management Background
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects under a Program
- You can develop/identify a project team [internal teams involved, external teams involved, key stakeholders]
- You know how to align the plan with both internal and external teams
- You are organized and can gather requirements, create plans, determine dependencies, and manage the creation and delivery of a Move plan
As a Program/Project Manager
- You would use the agile cadence and terminology for internal teams [Release Plans, Sprints, Epics and User Stories] – translate this into common terminology for the external teams [dates, deliverables, end to end testing, release to production, etc.]
- You would know the required level of involvement from the Project Manager for each project and apply yourself appropriately. Some will need minimal involvement where most of the deliverables are managed by the scrum master and scrum team which project manager is simply expected to know their progresses, while some will require more involvement and coordination by the project manager. Ensure your approach and involvement level is aligned with each scrum masters of the teams involved in the project.
- You would be responsible for tight alignment and partnership with the lead scrum master, Product Manager and Product owner of the project.
- You would manage each dependencies appropriately. Some may be owned/driven by the scrum team while others require project manager to get involved. Continued alignment with the scrum masters and product owners will allow project manager to make the appropriate call.
- You would be responsible to identify risks and always develop a mitigation plan to prevent risks from materializing – implement the plan and track its outcome.
- You would be in charge of driving and tracking the projects: Progress, action items, risks and mitigations and key decisions and ensure everything is documented, communicated and tracked.
- You would be immediately able to perform an impact analysis to the overall project and program – determine the risk to the program and put together an appropriate mitigation plan and communication immediately for any changes.
- You would summarize and communicate the progress of each individual projects to its stakeholders.
- You would determine best communication method depending on the project size and your involvement
- You would develop a program level plan which encompasses all projects underneath (if there are multiple projects)
- You would provide the program level view of the progress of all the projects under a program – determine what communication format and method makes the most sense for the program
- You would schedule and drive the program level status meetings, set a proper cadence, agenda, format and objective of the meeting and always follow up with the write up of the meeting discussions. You can document and track any decisions, actions, risks that may have come up in the meeting.
- You would be in charge of scheduling and driving a proper communication format, cadence and recipient of the program level communication.
- You would ensure tight alignment with the scrum masters, product managers and product owners involved in the program and the lead Product Manager who is the owner of the program and will be the key partner of the program.
- More than 5-7 years of solid Program/Project management experience with more than 2-3 years of experience in Agile/Scrum delivery methodology in a technical environment
- Strong understanding of Agile and Agile transformation
- Demonstrated experience managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Excellent project management skills to ensure that efforts track to delivery and that stakeholders are kept up to date on status and changes
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills needed and can excel in a fast paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Project and collaboration tools like Confluence and SharePoint.
Additional Technical requirements:
In order to support the massive effort of Data Center Cloud move.
- Some level of understanding of network and service architectures is desired
- Some level of understanding of site operations would be helpful
- Cross team experience and skills to foster team work and drive key requirements among a large set of external and internal teams
- Effective communication skills to keep teams informed, address issues, and manage changes in the project
- Organized to gather requirements, create plans, determine dependencies, and manage the creation and delivery of a Move plan
- Experience with some of the following tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, or IRC, Azure or AWS Control Screens, Microsoft Project