Santa Clara, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Technician to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest biotech company and deliver better-targeted therapies.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of America’ s best companies to work for by Forbes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepare necessary materials for experiments using wet lab and good manufacturing techniques.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures while handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Work in clean room and small scale assembly lab environments.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist engineers in development and testing of prototypes or new processes
- Support daily manufacturing operations including troubleshooting and resolving problems with equipment, devices or materials.
- Ensure labs have necessary supplies to run experiments, which includes chemical surface preparation of materials and assembling small parts.
- Track reagents and materials used in experiments and assemblies.
- Keep inventory of supplies and ensure a healthy stock of materials at all times.
- Certify incoming material is inspected and meets known standards.
- Assist lab personnel with miscellaneous needs.
- Troubleshoot issues regarding equipment preparation as they arise.
- A.A. or B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Solid wet lab skills and experience.
- LEAN or 5S Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience following or developing QC procedures and parameters.
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct failure analysis on failed materials or parts.
- Experience working in a clean room, pilot plant or manufacturing facility
- Any experience with small scale manufacturing, surface chemistry, lipid chemistry, electrochemistry, signal processing, electrical engineering, semiconductors, polymerase or membrane proteins, programming, or with other sequencing technologies is a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills.
- Experience writing and following SOPs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.