Process Scientist I
Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Scientist I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform cell culture work packages, including lab and pilot plant scale bioreactors operation, harvest process, data analysis, and general equipment maintenance
- Perform and coordinate lab services, such as 6S lab, purchase ordering, work order submission and follow up, documentation support, and inventory check of lab supplies and stock items
- Collaborate and work effectively in teams to meet the project timelines
- Perform independent studies to troubleshoot challenges and for technology development to support innovation efforts.
- GMP training as well GMP operation, such as single-use bioreactor
- Must be a graduate with BS degree or higher in Life Science or Engineering field
- 0-3 years of experience
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques is a must
- Fundamental understanding of biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or chemical engineering.
- Microbial and/or mammalian cell culture lab experience strongly desired
- Strong communication and organization skills, be able to multi-task and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in order to accomplish daily tasks.