Process Engineer III
1000 New Horizons Way Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Engineer III to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Engineer III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Process Engineer III will provide representation and leadership for the in the delivery of large capital projects for manufacturing-related facilities. This is a significant position associated with the ultimate delivery of products and pipeline processes for a product portfolio.
- The qualified candidate will be versed in working with multi-discipline engineering capital project teams, as well as other project related cross-functional teams with representatives from multiple departments. As such, the Process Engineer III is accountable for process and equipment design, engineering document development, reviews and/or approvals through the project phases of planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and equipment/system qualification for Good Manufacturing Procedures and development facilities.
- The focus will be on systems and equipment associated with bulk biochemical operations (e.g. fermentation, harvest, chromatography, ultra filtration, CIP/SIP).
- Success in these areas will depend upon the individual’ s ability to effectively lead, collaborate and communicate with team members, and manage project scope, budget and schedule as it relates to the process engineering discipline.
- The Candidate will support our Nabucco project team in Debug and fill in with existing MAR work in the Bioreactor, Harvest, and Upstream CIP area.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 8-10 years bio/pharmaceutical process design and capital project execution experience.
- Proven knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Procedures compliance.
- The position requires strong leadership, collaboration, communications, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Successful candidate will have very good knowledge of large scale (5000 Liter and greater) Bioreactor vessels and support equipment in the automated environment.
- Knowledge of the CIP/SIP processes via automated CIP skids.
- Good grasp of automated recipe execution in the DCS system
- This position requires the successful candidate to coordinate and direct contract resources.
- Field supervision, equipment inspection and start-up, trade coordination, and training are also required.