Process Development Research Associate II
San Francisco, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Development Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company committed to the development and commercialization of innovative new gene therapy treatments for people with serious rare diseases. Gene therapy technology has tremendous potential as a treatment approach for many genetic diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research and medical communities, and take equal pride in carefully selecting their colleagues.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Development Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Designing and conducting experiments for cell culture and transfections in shake flasks and various scales of bioreactors using DOE
- Providing expertise in cell culture, engineering, design of processes and scale-up
- Designing and conducting experiments in harvest operations, specifying filters and parameters to optimize yield
- Key member in new product scale-up, process optimization, and facilitating technology transfer and process validation activities to other groups within the company
- Establishing operating equipment specifications and improving manufacturing techniques
- Performing assays on cell culture growth and metabolism
- Conducting media formulation studies
- Maintaining cell lines, cell banking
- Analyzing data using statistical software, specifically JMP
- Documenting preparation and maintenance for process development and research grade AAV production operations, including authoring and editing SOPs, batch records, reports, and regulatory filings
- Maintaining digital records of all research production activities using in-house systems and shared digital document repositories
- Ensuring safe and compliant Good Laboratory Practices and laboratory safety procedures
- Presenting findings at lab and company meetings
- Prior AAV gene therapy vector or other viral particle production experience
- Masters with 1+ years relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience or a BS, in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or Cell Biology with 4+ years relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Demonstrated experience developing cell cultivation methods for proteins and/or virus based biologics using mammalian cells
- Experience operating lab scale bioreactors
- Prior experience running and overseeing cell harvesting operations
- Successful experience working cross-functionally across multiple departments including Quality and Manufacturing
- Success independently designing and executing experiments to answer scientific questions
- Prior history drafting detailed protocols, SOPs, technology transfer documents and sections of regulatory filings
- Positive, professional attitude with a passion for science
- Outstanding collaboration, problem solving team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines in fast moving environment