Lake Forest, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Principle Engineer to be a part of our Client’ s team in Lake Forest. Our partner is a medical device company focused on helping patients.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for the design of systems, subsystems, and/or components for a medical device as part of a new product development team and be involved in all phases of the product development from product concept through commercial launch and sustaining of marketed products.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- The opportunity to work with a company working on developing an innovative, evidence-based platform for the treatment of chronic pain.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, sick time, and 401K benefits.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Interpret voice of the customer to define technical design requirements, perform detail design analysis to achieve product design requirements and innovative design solutions.
- Delivers clinically viable prototypes and late stage new products to support the glaucoma implantable micro-stent platform.
- Supports product improvement to marketed products.
- Supports the development of new project proposals and execution of projects
- Assures that new intellectual property is disclosed through MOI’ s and that patent filings are fully supported.
- Bachelor’ s degree in mechanical or materiel science or equivalent engineering field with a solid foundation in applied mechanics, and an advanced technical degree is preferred.
- 6-10 years of research and/or product development experience, preferably with a focus on Ophthalmic implantable medical devices.
- Experience in determining voice of the customer need through clinical observation and discussion.
- Experience in designing, developing, qualifying and launching medical products/technology.
- Experience determining engineering specifications, requirements, building prototypes and products.
- Working knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations.
- Extensive experience with fatigue analysis, fracture mechanics, fluid mechanics of medical products.
- Extensive experience in structural reliability testing and analysis of materials and/or implantable medical products.
- Experience in FEA, fatigue test method development, test method qualification and validation.
- CAD system knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal, people and process management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with superior presentation capabilities.