Network Analyst II
Concord, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Client: Health Care
Location: Martinez, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire
Are you detail-oriented when it comes to networking technology? Are you analytical and quick to think on your feet? You have good experience securing transfer of data to multiple locations from internal and external network?
Here’ s why you’ re a great fit!
- You have the ability to evaluate, test, implement and support new network systems
- You have prior experience in leading and/or technical direction to other staff
- You have a history in providing high level support and technical expertise in network design and configuration
- Performs a variety of complex systems analysis duties in the development, installation, implementation and evaluation of LAN/WAN or multi-protocol open data networks
- Work with team members to build and maintain servers, networks, virtual environments, and end user devices.
- Analyzes user information system needs; recommends solutions and appropriate technology to meet client needs; and designs systems as appropriate
- Participates in County-wide complex projects as a team member
- Installs, tests and configures network hardware and software
- Assists in documenting changes, additions, deletions and revisions to network components, wiring and facilities and prepares status reports as required
- Attends and participate in professional group meetings and stays current on new trends and innovations in the field of computer network engineering
- Provides continuous technical support to users of several hardware components
- Runs server security procedures and capacity reports
- Documents the functionality and requirements of automated information systems; creates user guides and manuals for system users; and assists in training users as needed
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for information systems projects to a variety of internal and external committees
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of networks.
- Contacts vendors for components, technical reference and/or services required for network expansion and maintenance
- Work with highly virtualized environments and related applications
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor current system health
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols and TCP/IP, and servers and network infrastructure.
- Experience with LANs and WANs network acceleration technologies using TCP/IP, UDP and other standard networking protocols using physical layers, bridges, gateways and routers.
- Prior experience in server and network troubleshooting in a medium/large scale environment.
- Methods and techniques used in the installation, trouble shooting, upgrading and problem resolution of information systems
- Operational characteristics of various computer programs, networks and software packages
- Network security practices and techniques
Your Competitive Advantage:
- Any one of these certification preferred: CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CCNP, BCNE, or JCNE