Metrology Technician II
Novato, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Metrology Technician II to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Metrology Technician II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work on assignments that are complicated in nature.
- Perform complex troubleshooting on instrumentation loops (i.e., various transmitters, PLC cards, sensing elements, and HMIs).
- Perform calibrations of various types of industrial processing control instrumentation including but not limited to: conductivity, pressure, flow, and temperature.
- Install and repair temperature, pressure, conductivity, flow, and process gas instrumentation.
- Write and review Calibration SOP' s for individual instrument calibrations to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Initiate Out of Tolerance Reports and Calibration Deviation/QE' s.
- Operate various types of manufacturing equipment according to procedure.
- Review and approve instrument calibration records generated by contractors and by peers within the department.
- Support Validation in executing OQ tests during the startup of new equipment.
- Perform shipping and return of Metrology standards and other instruments to off-site calibration vendors.
- Active member of BERT.
- Other duties as requested by metrology management ~This role directly handles and/or is in proximity to lentiviral or other viral vector based gene delivery systems.~ .
- Completion of a 2 year technical program (instrumentation or industrial electronics) or an Associate' s degree in a related science or engineering major.
- Extensive OTJ experience in calibration/instrumentation position may be considered.
- Experience with PC programs such as Word, Excel, CMMS, or other database preferred.
- Familiarity with HART protocol, DMMs (FLUKE 744/754) a plus.
- Familiarity with ladder logic a plus.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical: minimum N/A
- Instrumentation or Calibration: minimum 2 years.
- Electro-mechanical background a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&ID' s) and specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.