Hayward, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Hayward. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assisting with assigned manufacturing tasks to produce high quality products under minimal supervision.
- Participating in production order processing to complete products to inventory.
- Use tools and skills to measure and qualify materials.
- Performing a variety of complex tasks, including troubleshooting and problem-solving within the manufacturing process.
- Performing product QC procedures.
- Collecting and analyzing data under general supervision.
- Performing kitting and other packaging functions.
- Assembling electro/optical/mechanical systems that require testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting of both individual components and integrated systems using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Aligning complex optical systems with aid of in-house software and instruments.
- Mixing, storing and disposing of chemical solutions (may include hazardous material).
- Solid computer skills and experience working with information systems and technology.
- Cross-trained in multiple and progressively complex operations.
- Other task level duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
B.S. / B.A. degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Communicate well with supervisor and other employees at all levels.
- Experience with SOPs, DHRs, ECOs, GLP and GMP is a plus.
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.