Manufacturing Technician II
Hayward, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Technician II to be part of our client’ s team in Hayward. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Technician II
As a research associate in the Research and Technology Development Unit, you will play an integral role in expanding applications of the company' s technology. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on the development of new assays for sample-to-report products.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performing a wide variety of assigned manufacturing tasks to produce high quality products.
- Performing work order processing to complete products to inventory.
- Perform assembly on piece parts into completed Sub-assembly using typical assembly tools such as screw drivers, wire crimping tools, and small wrenches
- Perform bench processes to complete mechanical, electrical, and optical assemblies using hand tools, electronic and pneumatic tooling
- Use laboratory tools and skills to measure and quantify materials.
- Troubleshoot to component leave of PCBs and electromechanical assemblies
- Perform various operation using MS XP operating systems
- Making processing decisions based on interpreting quality data.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Carrying out aspects of the assigned production process which may include:
- Performing final product QC procedures.
- Performing kitting and other packaging functions.
- Using complex automated robotic systems to manage product through a highly automated workflow.
- Assembling electro/optical/mechanical systems that require testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting of both individual components and integrated systems using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Aligning complex optical systems with aid of in-house software and instruments.
- Assembling and aligning laser based equipment, and performing functional tests of finished products.
- Mixing, storing and disposing of chemical solutions (may include hazardous material), final inspection and packaging.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, /BS./BA./Some college level science courses or training are a plus.
- Excellent familiarity with ISO standard manufacturing practices.
- High level of familiarity with lasers, laser-optics, electro-optics, electronics or related technical field required.
- Communicate well with supervisor and other employees.
- Experience with SOPs, travelers, ECOs, and GMP is required.
- Experience with SAP (labor confirmation, completing product of a production order, etc.