Hayward, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Associate to be part of our client’ s team in Hayward. This is an opportunity to work for a great Biotechnology company that develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function.
Our Client’ s goal is to apply innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function. They are a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and providing the highest level of quality. Their innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assembling electro/optical/mechanical systems that require testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting of both individual components and integrated systems using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Aligning complex optical systems with aid of in-house software and instruments.
- Set up and operate test equipment, prepare DNA samples, and sequence DNA on instruments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and collaborate with manufacturing team members.
- Analyze data to determine trends.
- Establish and maintain logs and databases of instrument failures and defects.
- Identify process discrepancies, resolve technical issues and improve procedures.
- Basic reagent handling experience.
- Demonstrated basic chemistry, math and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques and DNA sequencing is a plus.
- Experience with computerized inventory control systems such as SAP is a plus.
- Operation of DNA sequencers or similar instrumentation experience is highly desirable.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently in a team environment are essential.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.