Manufacturing Associate I
Fremont, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Manufacturing Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Independently execute all routine unit operations in Purification including change-over procedures, scheduling within the shift team, equipment cleaning and set up.
- Perform in-process testing such as cell counting, spectrophotometry and environmental monitoring.
- Monitor and control weights, flows, volumes, temperatures, pressure, and pH.
- Identify and report any issues related to manufacturing performance, process and safety to the team lead and assist in investigations of deviations in order to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Train junior staff on unit operations such as bioreactors, cell separation, chromatography and tangential flow theory as well as CIP/SIP operations.
- Collaborate within team and department in order to follow best practices and meet department goals.
- Report any issues related to manufacturing performance, process and safety to the manager in order to ensure safety, compliance with regulations and cGMPs and to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus four years closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment.
- Associates Degree with a minimum of two years closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or chemicals manufacturing environment; or a Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in a science or engineering field is preferred.
- Experience working with established GMP procedures and bulk manufacturing.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, methods and procedures.
- Understanding of purification/cell culture processes.
- Possess effective troubleshooting skills with equipment and/or process.