South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a friendly, energetic and hardworking Maintenance Mechanic. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of business professionals focused on treatments to help individuals with diseases that affect the functionality of an individual.
A successful Maintenance Mechanic must have strong customer service skills, be a team player, and provides a great attitude to the team. They are one who is organized, diligent and provides positivity to the work environment.
The culture is based on the idea of others. They pride themselves in their commitment to finding cures that other biotech companies have not tackled.
Our Company Bio:
Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Offers their employees a great work/life balance.
- Competitive compensation
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time and 401k.
Summary of Responsibilities: The maintenance mechanic is responsible for the motor, pump and valve maintenance for specific fermentation and purification equipment must have experience with the maintenance of production equipment, rather than Operational experience.
- Maintenance, repair, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting of manufacturing process equipment, support equipment, utility equipment and systems, and HVAC/R equipment and systems.
- Timely completion of tasks and work orders with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies.
- Safe operation of tools and shop equipment, and safe execution of work in the field.
- Confined Space Entry in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Able to communicate good written, verbal skills, aseptic training, able to work in small groups, and independently (teamwork), able to work off hours up to 12hrs shifts, knowledge of cGMP, good documentation practices, and able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP' s), able to lift at least 35lbs
- High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of two years’ experience in an industrial maintenance or operation environment is required.
- Documented completion of technical or trade courses is a plus. -Bio-Tech or pharmaceutical experience
- All mechanics submitted need to have basic computer skills because they will be inputting into a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMM) where they will manage their work through the computer.
- They must also have working knowledge of email, excel and calendar.
- Working knowledge of various pumps, mechanical seals, motors, and laboratory equipment (such as autoclaves and washers).
- Ability to safely operate shop equipment.
- Basic computer skills, with the ability to utilize programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as email.