Oceanside, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Responsible for maintenance and repair of cGMP production equipment, clean utilities and systems. Under minimal supervision conduct operation of facilities central plant and utility systems.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Conduct general preventative maintenance according to SOPs/work instructions and perform planned and unplanned repairs as necessary.
- Conduct routine inspections and monitoring of equipment and systems and documenting systems operating parameters.
- Make appropriate adjustments or modifications and notify supervisor of any abnormal parameters.
- Collaborate with department teams to complete specialized maintenance and equipment projects. Includes research of methods and devices, assisting with implementation and documentation of change control.
- Responsible for providing data to derive performance metrics for management, will be gathered on a daily basis for monthly reporting.
- Provide general expertise and training to junior staff.
- Ordering of spare and repair parts.
- Successfully complete training and demonstrate an ability to perform equipment monitoring and operational checks on manufacturing equipment.
- Cleaning and organization of designated work areas in Manufacturing and Utilities. Complete GMP and other controlled documentation.
- Will also revise or modify existing SOP documentation as necessary and be expected to write new procedures for new equipment and other duties as assigned by management.
- All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment (STA).
Summary of Qualifications:
- 3 years general maintenance experience and minimum 1-3 years in a cGMP environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to learn and use Microsoft Windows based platforms and/or company Intranet.
- General knowledge of shop tool operation and safety.
- Ability to use IBM based computer software applications (MS Word/Excel).
- Ability to use Building Management Control System (BMCS).
- Schedule may include a non-rotating 4-day (10 hour shift), one weekend day, evening or night hours, or full off-shift hours.
- Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
- May climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within the manufacturing facility.
- Climb heights up to 30 feet by ladder.
- Lifting up to 40lbs may be required.
- Environment requires that gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn.
- Also, no makeup or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- May wear air purifying respirator and necessary hearing protection.
- May crawl, kneel, stoop or work in small work spaces.