San Diego, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Position: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: San Diego CA
Terms: 6 months CTH
As a Linux Systems Administrator will work closely with DevOps to eliminate organizational bottlenecks that hold up deployments that affect our internal and external customers. You must have a passion for continuous learning and be able to conduct R&D to continuously innovate our client’ s infrastructure as well as help other teams with technical issues at the beginning and planning stages of the SDLC. This includes (defining) needs/benefits/technical strategy
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration.
- Support and administration of Linux (Redhat) Cisco, VMWare, AWS and other cloud based technologies
- Administration and maintenance of networks and computing environments (HW, SW, Systems, Applications and configurations)
- Installation and configuration of new servers, peripherals, settings, directories, services etc.
- Rebuilding of existing servers, peripherals, settings, directories, services etc.
- Develop automation scripts
- Design new and maintain current server configurations and build documentation
- Maintain asset configuration documentation and inventory
- Design, organize, and implement network security measures to protect SW/HW and Data.
- Gather data relating to the needs of our customers, and use that info to recognize, forecast, understand, and assess system and network requirements aka capacity planning.
- Explore new technology, in an effort to implement or recommend its implementation.
- Daily monitoring of HW, Server Resource, Systems and processes to verify its integrity and availability.
- Control dominant consoles in order to oversee the performance of computer systems and networks.
- Performance of network restart procedures, and maintenance of control records.
- Performance of security monitoring to identify intrusions
- Perform daily backups.
- Perform regular file archival; if necessary, perform purge.
- Ownership of User accounts: Create, change, and/or delete user accounts.
- Provide Tier III support to various area’ s - Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from HW/SW failures.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Update and configuration of system SW which supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Linux tuning, HW upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Experience working in a 24-7 uptime environment.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or two years system administration experience.
- One to two years system administration experience with AWS
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS)
- Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Professional -CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server.