Lead Software Engineer (Java) - Interoperability
San Diego, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Position: Lead Software Engineer (Java) – Interoperability
Location: San Diego, CA
Terms: 6 months Contract to Hire
The perfect applicant for this position should have a thorough understanding of the full scale of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. This candidate will provide technical support to project team members, rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and be able to perform a variety of complex tasks. The position will provide technical leadership to others and work under general direction. Out of the box thinking and resourcefulness is expected.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’ s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
The client, a highly progressive SW Company that develops an industry leading web application within the healthcare domain has top-notch senior management, offers a great work/life balance, has SUPER competitive benefits and 401k matching (125% of contribution up to 5%) Exceptional benefits package with Med/Dent/Vis/Life, 23 PTO days with 7 paid holidays for a total of 30 total paid days off annually).
- 5+ years’ experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Strong RDBM skills (Oracle preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Linux experience (medium to advanced knowledge)
- Data analysis experience
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- Health care experience (HL7 v2/v3, CCD, etc.)
- EDI experience
- Data transformation experience (ETL, loading, mapping, etc.)