Lead Software Engineer (Java)
San Diego, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Healthcare
Position: Lead Software Engineer (Java)
Location(s): San Diego, CA/ Campbell, CA
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
Our client is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for building Java and web services solutions that scale with their rapid growth. This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to their cutting edge Java platform.
This position requires the candidate to feel comfortable working under some general direction of more experienced members of the team, but to also accomplish tasks by using a certain degree of creativity, and resourcefulness. The candidate should be a strong team player and be able to provide some technical direction to lesser experienced members of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 5 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming; Java, Groovy, Scala, or other JVM languages.
- Design, Modify, Develop, Write, and Implement Software Applications
- Experience in one or more of the following Java Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Groovy - Spring is highly preferred.
- Experience with Relational databases
- Support the Validation, Configuration, and Installation of Software Applications
- Familiarity with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures with in SDLC.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a Computer Science related field. (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering)
- Great interpersonal skills and team cooperation with the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technical skills with the desire to constantly grow your knowledge.