Lead Security Analyst
Dublin, CA | Direct Hire
Location: Dublin, CA
Job Duration: FULL TIME
Interview Process: Phone, Onsite
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
- Develops and periodically refines a data classification system that allows workers to make quick decisions about the procedures they should use to protect information that has been marked with the designations described by this system.
- Monitors current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy.
- Provides users and management with technical support on matters related to information security such as the criteria to use when selecting information security products
- Reviews the cost-effectiveness and practicality of existing information security procedures and systems, and makes suggestions for the improvement of these same procedures and systems
- Interprets information security policies, standards, and other requirements in light of specific internal information systems, and assists with the implementation of these and other information security requirements
- Assists with the documentation of information security incidents as well as the analysis of the circumstances enabling or permitting these same incidents to take place
- Provides in-depth technical advice for investigations of information security incidents including internal frauds, hacker break-ins, and system outages
- Participates in, and acts as a technical leader in, periodic information systems risk assessments including those associated with the development of new or significantly enhanced business applications.
- Stays informed about the latest developments in the information security field, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional association memberships, industry conferences, special training seminars, and other methods.
- Five years of Information Technology Security, at least 3 with large enterprise organizations
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), Strong Project Management skills.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows
- Firewalls, VPN, PKI, IPS, Oracle, MS SQL, Shell scripting, Virtualization Security