151 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Lab Technician to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’ s disease, Parkinson’ s disease, ALS and others.
Our client was founded by scientists, industry experts and investors who share the vision that recent scientific insights into the genetic causes and biological processes underlying neurodegenerative disease, together with new translational medicine tools, offer an unprecedented opportunity to discover and develop effective medicines.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This person will be helping out both biology labs and chemistry labs preparing buffers, checking eye wash, helping out in the lab, and handling biohazards.
- Clean, sterilize, and prep labware.
- Adhere to SOPs and other established procedures.
- Provide lab maintenance, calibration and support by following SOPs
- Responsible for preparation of reagents and buffers
- May assist with inventory control and ordering of laboratory supplies -- checking for expired reagents, disposal of product samples, chemicals and hazardous waste
- Prioritize tasks and assignments to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure distribution satellites are maintained with required inventory levels.
- May operate lab process equipment as necessary.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have a 4 year degree in a Scientific Discipline with at least 1 year experience in a lab setting either in academia or industry.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Have knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Respond to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach.
- Ask for additional responsibilities or assignments when able.
- Demonstrate competency, have a drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside of the team and functional area to positively impact business performance and optimize the input of those involved.