Lab Technician I
Novato, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Lab Technician I to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Lab Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Preparation of reagents for biochemical/physical/chemical analyses of test samples under cGMP to meet specified timelines.
- Can work independently on reagent preparation that he/she has mastered in a safe and compliant manner.
- Responsible for washing and stocking laboratory glassware used for analytical assays.
- Maintains laboratory supply inventories and receives chemicals/materials into the laboratory.
- Maintains the laboratory in an inspection-ready state. Ensures reagents in the laboratory are within expiry.
- Provides support for routine laboratory functions/chores for the QC laboratory such as monitoring temperature charts, cleaning water baths and/or laboratory refrigerators/freezers/ storage cabinets where reagents are held.
- Assists in the revision of written procedures as assigned regarding reagents and/or reagent management.
- Develops familiarity concerning cGMP, 21CFR, USP, EP and ICH regulatory requirements.
- May interact with other departments, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, Formulation, and Process Development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The QC technician should have an Associate Degree or should be working towards a degree. One year of laboratory experience is desired in a cGMP/GLP laboratory; quality control experience is preferred.
- QC technician will perform reagent preparation and a variety of laboratory chores so that the effort of other personnel can be applied to assays for commercial and clinical products for release and stability testing.
- Ability to follow written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with use of a computer; e.g., Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Good written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized.