Java Engineer (Staff)
Walnut Creek, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Financial Services
Location: East Bay
Position: Java Developer
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor H1b Visas for this role.
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for building Java and web services solutions that scale with their rapid growth. This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to their cutting edge Java platform.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of the core of our Java / J2EE technology platform and web services.
- Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Own the adoption of new tools and technology
- Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- 6+ years’ experience
- Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in e-commerce, enterprise, high performance, large scale web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience in payments or high transactional systems
- Significant experience managing, troubleshooting and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience with Kafka and Hadoop is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred