Java Engineer (Staff)
Walnut Creek, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Financial Services
Location: East Bay
Position: Java Developer
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for building Java and web services solutions that scale with their rapid growth. This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to their cutting edge Java platform.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of the core of our Java / J2EE technology platform and web services.
- Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Own the adoption of new tools and technology
- Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- 6+ years’ experience
- Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in e-commerce, enterprise, high performance, large scale web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience in payments or high transactional systems
- Significant experience managing, troubleshooting and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience with Kafka and Hadoop is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred