In Vivo Researcher
Oakland, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking an In Vivo Researcher to be a part of our partner’ s team in the San Francisco South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with a startup Biotechnology company.
Our partner’ s culture is fast paced and passionate about innovative drug discovery and development.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
In Vivo Research Associate
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and controls procedures related to the acquisition, maintenance, quarantine and disposition of all research animals
- Review and evaluate animal vendor' s health monitoring to ensure only appropriate animals are admitted to the vivarium
- Ensure vivarium is maintained in compliance
- Review and comment on animal use protocols relative to compliance, animal models, procedures and other pertinent areas.
- Develop and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures guidelines for all vivarium operations
- Proficient in dosing techniques: PO, IP, IV, SC, IM and ID dosing
- Proficient in rodent bleeding such as cardiac puncture, submandibular, tail vein, and other methods
- Proficient in necropsy and tissue harvest procedures
- General maintenance in animal and procedure rooms
- Perform daily animal health checks, as well as monitoring and examinations in support of studies
- Independently observe, record, and report atypical findings of the environment, and animal health or behavior
- Performing animal health and technical experimental procedures
- Perform In Vivo studies from beginning to end
- A bachelor’ s degree in biological sciences, animal sciences, or related discipline
- Three years’ experience in In Vivo studies
- Solid experience in the care, handling, and treatment of laboratory animals
- Responsible for rodent health surveillance program including euthanasia, specimen collection, and sample submission
- Maintain current knowledge in field through continuing education, literature, and seminars
- PO, IP, IV, SC, IM and ID dosing techniques
- Cardiac puncture, submandibular, tail vein, and other bleeding techniques
- Necropsy and other tissue harvest procedures