High Throughput Screening Research Associate Scientist
Redwood City, CA | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biologist/High Throughput Screening Research Associate Scientist to be part of our Client’ s team in Redwood City. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, and commercialization of new therapies to treat the pathologic process of fibrotic disorders.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biologist/High Throughput Screening Research Associate Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop a high-throughput process from optimization and validation through a successful Operations workflow.
- Perform weekly HTS evaluation, requiring excellent quality metrics and reproducibility.
- Develop and implement in vitro assays for a variety of disease targets related to fibrosis.
- Validate and miniaturize the assays to identify new leads through primary screens, and characterize potential candidates from our Medicinal Chemistry department.
- Provide valuable insights to drug discovery.
- BS, MS in Cellular Biology, High Throughput Screening, or related field with previous experience in cellular assay development and high throughput screening.
- Strong background in assay development, solid phase binding assays and expertise in cell biology/culture.
- Experience in optimization and validation of automated high throughput screening assays.
- Ability to execute studies and provide reports to major stakeholders (biologists and chemists).
- Strong understanding of data analysis packages for HTS, statistics and QC principles.
- Attention to detail and rigorous observation of variances in methods and controls.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with integrin biology, protein-protein interactions, ion channel pharmacology.
- Development of classical solid phase and cell based systems but also complex biological models including co-cultures assays.
- Well versed in HTS technology, cellular screening approaches, FACS, imaging.
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced work environment with the goal of transforming the lives of people with debilitating diseases.