Health Services Clinical Systems Analyst (Willow Ambulatory)
Martinez, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Job Title: Health Services Clinical Systems Analyst (Willow Ambulatory)?
Industry: Health Care
Duration: 6 Months to Hire
Location: Martinez, CA
- Participation with the support teams and share Epic experiences of “ best practice” approach to the support.
- Communicating on an on-going basis with support team personnel on inter-related project tasks and issues.
- Work closely with other teams that support Epic applications to understand data structures, set and follow best practices and other team policies.
- Uses basic analytical and problem solving skills to resolve problems within production application.
- Participation in testing and workflow validation efforts.
- Participate with clinical stakeholders in work groups to discuss opportunities for greater system utilization and enhancements.
- Assisting with the design, build, and support of the Epic application.
- Assisting with troubleshooting, identifying solutions and providing support with any needed system modifications.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Healthcare Administration, Health Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, or a closely related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of system analysis experience including two (2) years in a health care information systems environment, working with end users to extract, document and optimize data flow, implement hospital systems, and support applications and databases. Incumbents will have demonstrable project management experience in the role of technical or application team lead for a major complex project or direct experience as a project manager for smaller projects.
Substitution for Education: One (1) additional year of qualifying experience noted above may be substituted for the required academic major.
Substitution for Experience: A Master' s degree in one of the fields noted above may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. Possession of a current Epic certification may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience.
Certification: May be required to obtain and maintain vendor specific certifications on the applications supported. The incumbent will be required to obtain the certification requested within 6 months of notification from the supervisor.
- 2014 Certification in Epic Willow Ambulatory preferred. Proficiency acceptable.
- Must be able to complete the Willow NVT within 3 months of notification by the supervisor
- Build and/or implementation experience with Epic' s Willow Ambulatory module is required.
- Experience or knowledge in pharmacy and ambulatory workflows.
- Excellent documentation, communication, interpersonal and strong organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with a team
- Able to drive a decision when most stakeholders are unsure of their needs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience troubleshooting problems and issues as typically triaged from help desk calls.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Knowledge of business operations / work flow experience
- Solid understanding of processes/procedures and workflow within a hospital/clinical/health plan setting
- Functional clinical and application knowledge
Preferred Qualifications: The following skills and experience are not necessary, but would be preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Orders transmittal, BPAs a plus.