Health Data Analyst
South San Francisco, CA | Direct Hire
Our Client, a health plan company seeks a full time Data Analyst to Plan and evaluate activities through the design and development of data/reports and the analysis and interpretation of data. This includes the development of database tools and analysis to produce data support for various company-wide programs and activities.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Develop and maintain databases for use in data analysis and tracking.
• Perform data cleaning, loading, extraction, processing, storage and manipulation.
• Build and maintain program source code written by self and others.
• Perform validation procedures to ensure data quality.
• Maintain detailed documentation of programming and analyses.
• Produce tables, graphs, and charts for reports and presentations.
• Communicate project results to managers and various users.
• Design and develop relational databases for collecting data and create data collection screens.
• Participate in decisions regarding study design, data collection, and data analysis.
• Analyze data with statistical methods.
• Interpret results and provide written summaries of analyses.
• Support other information and data needs and assist in developing technical solutions.
• Backup EDI analyst in job duties
• Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements
Education and Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or similar field. Two (2) years work experience in DB reporting data analysis and programming. Must have MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, MS Access Data and VBA experience. Experience in interpreting and reporting results of analysis, data processing and management. HIPAA EDI, and the use of health data codes and any healthcare experience is a nice to have.
Knowledge of: Basic statistical concepts, models, and procedures. Medi-Cal and/or Medicare programs highly preferred. Knowledge in ETL and technique is a plus. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Analyze data and create reports/data extractions. Organize work, manage time, and meet deadlines. Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. Work under deadlines; manage multiple job requests simultaneously. Communicate effectively and provide a high standard of customer service. Thoroughly document work. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Translate user needs to program functional specifications. Communicate and work with users having a wide range of computer skill levels. Problem-solve and consider the entire solution. Work independently as well as part of a team; support team decisions. Effectively interact with internal and external contacts.