Geotechnical Field Technician
Sunnyvale, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical Field Technician to be a part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco Bay Area. This is an opportunity to utilize experience within the construction and landscaping industries towards soil and asphalt analysis. Great entry level position for candidates with a background in geology, environmental engineering, or related field.
Our partner’ s culture is both hard working and relaxed. They provide an ideal environment for people to train and grow in their professional and personal lives by providing a supportive work environment, flexible work hours, career path options, continuous training and mentoring, challenging projects, leadership opportunities, team interaction, excellent benefits, and an outright fun atmosphere.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Geotechnical Field Technician
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, paid holidays, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Technicians will perform site observations of earthwork, utility backfill, drainage improvements, excavations and foundation construction
- Technicians will collect samples and perform tests to monitor compliance with construction specifications
- Soil and asphalt testing
- Daily tasks include traveling to job sites using company vehicles and interacting with Project Engineers/Job Captains
- Complete technical reports
- Coordinate with dispatch providing constant communication when on site
- Coordinate with construction workers on site
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- BS/BA in Geology, Environmental Engineering or related field highly preferred
- Experience with general construction, janitorial work, landscaping, or manual labor highly desired
- Experience with field work in an academic setting highly preferred
- Nuclear Density Gauge Certification must be obtained prior to first day on the job and is mandatory for training
- Steel toe boots mandatory
- Valid driver' s license and clean driving history mandatory; must be able to provide Driver History Report to be considered
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work Mondays to Fridays
- Must be able to work overtime; Fifty plus hours weekly
- Be able to lift and carry 50 LBS for an extensive period
- Customer service and team oriented
- Good communication and writing skills