Epic Trainer (Ambulatory)
Martinez, CA | Contract-to-Hire
Epic Trainer (Ambulatory)
Contract to hire
- Work closely with other teams that support the Epic Ambulatory module to understand data structures and clarify workflows
- Develop and maintain curricula, training environments, and instructional materials for role-based education (in a classroom setting, and via handouts, e-learning, etc.)
- Respond to requests for training and system documentation
- Coordinate and provide initial and follow-up training to customer
- Scheduling classes and providing training resources in a timely manner
- Respond to Service Desk tickets assigned to Training
- Participate in testing and workflow validation efforts
- Participate in work groups with clinical stakeholders to discuss opportunities for greater system utilization and enhancements
- Set and follow best practices and other team policies
Education: Possession of a Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Healthcare Administration, Health Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, or a closely related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of system analysis experience including two (2) years in a health care information systems environment, working with end users to extract, document and optimize data flow, implement hospital systems, and support applications and databases. Incumbents will have demonstrable project management experience in the role of technical or application team lead for a major complex project or direct experience as a project manager for smaller projects.
Substitution for Education: One (1) additional year of qualifying experience noted above may be substituted for the required academic major.
Substitution for Experience: A Master' s degree in one of the fields noted above may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. Possession of a current Epic certification may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience.
- EpicCare Ambulatory Certification (not just credentialed)
- EpicCare Ambulatory training experience required
- Experienced with MST build and curriculum development required
- Excellent documentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
Preferred Qualifications: The following skills and experience are not necessary, but would be preferred.
- Former Epic employee strongly desired
- Clinical experience desirable, but not required
- Certifications or credentials for other Epic applications a plus
- Solid understanding of processes/procedures and workflow within a hospital/clinical/health plan setting